PINK RIBBON POST-REHAB
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in the UK, with 1 in 9 women being diagnosed at some point in their life. Many will undergo surgery as part of their treatment, which may involve removal of part or all of the breast tissue. Subsequent breast reconstruction surgery is then frequently undertaken. This surgery, although essential, may lead to problems such as shoulder and neck stiffness, muscle weakness, nerve-related problems and swelling [lymphedema].
Post rehabilitative exercise is an important part of the journey that a Breast Cancer Survivor needs to take if they hold the goal of returning to a similar or better lifestyle than they experienced prior to treatment.
Whether recently diagnosed and treated or you are further into your recovery journey the Pink Ribbon Post-Rehab course that I run is suitable for you to gain improvement of function and lifestyle.
Benefits of The Pink Ribbon Post-Rehab
• Helps regain strength and mobility in affected shoulder and arm plus the rest of the body
• Enhances energy levels
• Improves quality of life and self confidence
• Improves sleep and alleviates fatigue
• Reduces feelings of depression
• Enhances physical and mental wellbeing
• Improves self-confidence
• Provides post-rehabilitation from surgeries, including mastectomy, lumpectomy, lymph node removal, and reconstruction procedures
• Gives you the transition to join mainstream Pilates or return to previously enjoyed sports, fitness and hobbies.